- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
YAMAHA VF90 V MAX SHO 1.8L
The VF90 In-Line Four V MAX SHO. A single-overhead-camshaft design with four valves per cylinder and 1.8-liter displacement make the I-4 V MAX SHO 90 a class leader in torque, top speed and efficiency. But it’s not only the fastest—it’s the quietest, too.* That makes for some pretty stealthy fishing.
Convenience & Control
– EASY RIGGING: I-4 V MAX SHO® outboards feature mechanical controls for easy, convenient rigging with most bass, bay and flats boats, and are compatible with analog, 6Y5 digital or Command Link® gauges.
– EXTRA SPACE: A four stroke in-line design means there’s no need for an external oil tank. That means less weight and more storage room in the boat for tackle and gear.
Power & Performance
– QUIET POWER AND PERFORMANCE: The I-4 V MAX SHO® design maximizes combustion efficiency in a way that no two stroke can, delivering clean, quiet power and performance.
– FUEL EFFICIENT: In-line Four V MAX SHO® designs are up to 40% more fuel efficient than traditional carbureted two strokes.
– OPTIMUM POWER: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection and long-track intake system combine to maximize power and fuel efficiency across the line of In-Line Four V MAX SHO® outboards.
– POWER MANAGEMENT: An array of advanced sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which instantly makes the precise adjustments for optimum performance.
Reliability & Durability
– ENGINE WARNING SYSTEM: This system protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, water-in-fuel detection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
– BETTER LUBRICATION: Wet sump pump lubrication that uses a pressurized oil delivery system through an oil pump.
– CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha I-4 V MAX SHO® four-stroke engines.
90 HP – 115 HP