- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
YAMAHA VF200 V MAX SHO V6 4.2L
Convenience & Control
– POWERFUL CHARGING: With 46 amps of total alternator power at 1000 RPM and a full 50 amps from 2,500 ~ 6,000 RPM, V MAX SHO® outboards offer the kind of charging power needed to operate today’s wide array of on-board electronic devices.
– V MAX SHO® SERIES PROPELLERS: Designed exclusively for V MAX SHO® V6 20-inch-shaft outboards, V MAX SHO Series propellers are available in one-inch pitch increments from 22 to 27 inches, for fine-tuning wide-open-throttle RPM for tournament-level performance.
– REAL-TIME PERFORMANCE DATA: Optional Command Link® gauges provide real-time outboard performance, boat systems and environmental data at your fingertips. Streamlined displays are designed to withstand the elements and are available in square or round style for single- or multi-engine applications.
Power & Performance
– COMPACT & POWERFUL POWERHEAD: Plasma-fused sleeveless cylinders are lighter and 60 percent harder than steel. They also allow us to enlarge cylinder bores without increasing their dimensions – which creates 4.2 liters of big-bore displacement, without adding weight.
– LIGHTWEIGHT: With a re-engineered cowling, engine bracket and lower engine pan, 20-inch-shaft models are a full 34 pounds lighter than their predecessor, the two-stroke V MAX® Series 2.
– SMART DESIGN: Yamaha’s exclusive In-Bank Exhaust System exits downward through the center of the “V” rather than on the exterior side. This increases combustion efficiency, creating more power and torque, and also results in a more compact shape.
– OVERALL PERFORMANCE: This superior design–with individual intake and exhaust camshafts, larger valves than previous designs and four valves per cylinder–delivers more precise valve timing and more efficient exchange of intake and exhaust gases, for responsive power and increased fuel economy.
– RESPONSIVE THROTTLE: Midrange punch and instant throttle response created by Variable Camshaft Timing has to be felt to be believed.
– OUTSTANDING FUEL ECONOMY: Micro-textured cylinder walls increase breathing efficiency while Precision Multi-Point Fuel Injection ensures the precise amount of air and fuel necessary for optimum power and fuel efficiency. Together, they make the 4.2 liter big-bore V MAX SHO® four stroke up to 12% better fuel efficient than our two-stroke V MAX® Series 2.
Reliability & Durability
– CLEANER FUEL: A large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor works in conjunction with Yamaha’s 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter to separate water and contaminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard’s other filters and fuel injectors.
– CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha V MAX SHO® four-stroke engines.
– LESS MOVING PARTS: A single timing belt uses fewer moving parts for long term reliability. Automatic belt tensioners keep proper belt tension, avoiding adjustments for added convenience.
– PROTECTION AND POWER: V MAX SHO® outboards have an exhaust pressure reduction system, which not only helps keep the propeller hub cooled from hot exhaust gases, but also helps provide power by transitioning those gases out of the engine during the critical hole shot and acceleration phases.
– SMOOTH AND QUIET: A labyrinth exhaust routes gases through a maze before they exit above the water line through an idle exhaust relief outlet. This, combined with a muffler-less design, results in unbelievably smooth and quiet operation, with a pleasing sound of power at idle.
Recommended oil – Yamalube® 4M
Oil capacity with filter – 6.7 l
Oil capacity without filter – 6.4 l
Power trim and tilt
-4° through +16°
Degree of tilt – 66°
175 HP – 200 HP