- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
YAMAHA F90 JET DRIVE
Convenience & Control
– INCREDIBLE MANEUVERABILITY: With no gearcase or propeller extending below the hull, a jet drive allows you to maneuver around or pass over obstructions that would limit the travel of a conventional, propped outboard.
– ERGONOMIC CONTROL: Yamaha’s award-winning, Multi-Function Tiller Handle (optional on F115, F90, F60 and F40 jet models) features an ergonomic design for easy shifting , better grip and less rotation from idle to wide-open throttle. This reduces operator fatigue for a full day of enjoyable boating. Truly multi-function, it control features include throttle, throttle friction control, shift lever, key switch, stop switch and a Power Trim & Tilt switch.
– EASY ENGINE FLUSHING: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and extended engine life.
Power & Performance
– FUEL ECONOMY: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection delivers the exact amount of fuel needed for optimum performance and efficiency. Yamaha’s EFI optimizes fuel atomization further enhancing fuel economy.
– LIGHTWEIGHT, COMPACT DESIGN: Single or Double Overhead Camshaft platforms provide lighter weight, impressive acceleration and better fuel efficiency.
– INCREDIBLE MANEUVERABILITY: Microcomputer Ignition adjusts timing to maintain optimum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions.
– POWERFUL HOLE SHOT: The Composite Intake Manifold on Yamaha’s Jet Drive F150, F115, F90, F60 and F40 feature long tube intake tracks, tuned to increase airflow. This boosts low-end and midrange torque for a more powerful hole shot and increased acceleration. Even with all this responsive power, an air silencer box and surge tank reduce air intake noise and air turbulence for smooth, quiet operation.
– OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE: Microcomputer Ignition adjusts timing to maintain optimum engine performance, economy and power under all conditions.
Reliability & Durability
– CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Jet Drive four stroke outboards.
– ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: All jet models are equipped with an Engine Control Module that interfaces with Yamaha Diagnostic System software. This provides a view of selected past and current running conditions, to help technicians provide a complete and accurate diagnosis of your engine.
– CLEANER FUEL: A large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor. Used in conjunction with the Yamaha optional boat-mounted 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter, it helps separate water and contaminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard’s other filters and fuel injectors.
– PROTECTION FROM THE ELEMENTS: A proven, one-piece cowling with an Air Intake Labyrinth System easily and efficiently traps and drains water before it enters the engine’s intake for maximum reliability.
Recommended oil – Yamalube® 4M
Oil capacity with filter – 3.2 l
Oil capacity without filter – 3 l
Power trim and tilt
-4° through +16°
Degree of Tilt – 70°
90 HP – 115 HP