- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
YAMAHA F9.9 PORTABLE MECHANICAL ES
Convenience & Control
– SMART EVOLUTION: The F9.9 and F8 feature a new shorter handle for more comfortable operation. This also ensures that when the handle in hinged back, it tucks in tighter to the cowl for more stable, flexible storage.
– PORTABILITY AND STORAGE: Built-in front and rear handles make these lightweights easy to carry. Resting pads and an easy oil retention system allow for convenient on-side storage without cowling scuffs or oil leakage.
– PROPELLER PROTECTION: Yamaha’s Shallow Water Drive, standard on all 9.9- and 8-hp tiller handle models, helps keep the propeller and lower unit out of harm’s way in shallow water.
Power & Performance
– COMPACT, LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: A two-cylinder, single-overhead-camshaft platform and streamlined intake manifold provides an efficient, light design.
– RESPONSIVE ACCELERATION: An acceleration pump on the F9.9 and F8 gives these engines the fuel they need–when they need it–like during rapid throttle advance. This ensures responsive acceleration.
– STREAMLINED INTAKE: An intake silencer and manifold on the F9.9 and F8 result in more direct airflow for minimum noise and maximum power.
Reliability & Durability
– OPTIMAL OPERATION: A CDI Microcomputer Ignition monitors throttle position, engine speed and atmospheric conditions in order to precisely adjust ignition timing under all conditions for optimum ignition performance, ensuring smooth and reliable operation.
– CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha four-stroke outboards.
– ENGINE WARNING SYSTEM: Protects the outboard with a range of functions including overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2,000), over-rev protection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
– SOLID AND DEPENDABLE: Incoming air is routed through the Air Intake Labyrinth System that traps and drains water before it enters the engine’s intake for maximum reliability.
– WET SUMP: A pressurized oil delivery system incorporates a compact and durable oil pump to keep all of the moving parts of their SOHC systems lubricated and running smoothly for maximum reliability.
Recommended oil – Yamalube® 4M
Oil capacity – 0.8 l
-4° through +16°
Degree of tilt – 71°
9.9 HP – 15 HP