- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
YAMAHA F40 MIDRANGE MECHANICAL 20
Convenience & Control
– CONTROL AND COMFORT: Our optional, award-winning Multi-Function Tiller handle features a Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®). It allows for precision trolling speed adjustments in 50-RPM increments. Compatible with all Midrange models.
– EASY ENGINE FLUSHING: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and extended engine life.
– POWER TRIM AND TILT: Power trim and tilt models provide a trim range of -3 up to +20 degrees. This brings the bow of the boat up, for better hole shot and top speed and a smoother ride.
Power & Performance
– FUEL ECONOMY: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection delivers the exact amount of fuel needed for optimum performance and efficiency. Yamaha’s EFI optimizes fuel atomization further enhancing fuel economy.
– SINGLE OVERHEAD CAMSHAFT: A Single Overhead Camshaft (SOHC), three-cylinder design on the F40 and F30 provides a compact, lightweight, space-saving design.
– PRECISE THROTTLE CONTROL” All air entering the engine block of is routed through a single throttle valve, to ensure the precise amount of air necessary for optimum power and fuel efficiency. It then enters each cylinder through individual long intake tracks, which are ‘pulse tuned’ to provide air at the precise volume and timing for maximum density and power.
– DEPENDABLE STARTING: The F40 and F30 feature a vapor-reducing fuel return system. Used in conjuction with multi-point electronic fuel injection, they offer dependable turn-key starting in hot or cold conditions.
Reliability & Durability
– CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha Midrange four-stroke engines.
– PROTECTION FROM THE ELEMENTS: A proven one-piece cowling with an intake air drain system easily and efficiently drains water away that enters the cowling. Incoming air is routed through a labyrinth of passages that help trap water before it enters the engine’s intake for maximum reliability.
– CLEANER FUEL: A large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor is used in conjunction with the Yamaha optional boat-mounted 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter. This helps separate water and contaiminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard’s other filters and fuel injectors.
Recommended oil – Yamalube® 4M
Oil capacity with filter – 1.7 l
Oil capacity without filter – 1.5 l
Power trim and tilt
-3° through +20°
Degree of tilt – 20°