- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
YAMAHA F175 I-4 2.8L MECHANICAL 25
Convenience & Control
– REPOWER READY: 26-inch mounting centers and a bolt pattern that matches previous two strokes make In-Line Fours flexible for most repowers
– BETTER CHARGING: With up to 50-amp alternators, our In-Line Fours provide plenty of power for a range of electronics, which comes handy, now that they’re all compatible with digital controls
– EXTENDED TRIM: Extended Trim Range delivers better acceleration-to-plane and top-end speed. The tilt range is a full 70° for tilting the engine above the waterline.
– EASY ENGINE FLUSHING: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without running it, for added convenience and extended engine life.
– QUIETER OPERATION: Yamaha’s Shift Dampener System greatly reduces the noise commonly associated with shifting gears. Using a special design and components, much of the force of shifting is absorbed, resulting in far quieter and smoother operation.
Power & Performance
– IMPRESSIVE POWER-TO-WEIGHT: A proven 16-valve DOHC In-Line design, with four valves per cylinder maximizes efficiency and power. It also streamlines design, giving the F200 class-leading power-to-weight and making the F175 nearly 30 pounds lighter than its closest 1.7-liter competitor.
– OPTIMUM POWER: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection and long-track intake system combine to maximize power and fuel efficiency across the line of In-Line Fours
– TWO-STROKE PERFORMANCE FROM A FOUR STROKE: Four valves per cylinder maximizes combustion efficiency in a way that no two stroke can, delivering the utmost in clean, quiet power and performance.
– QUICK ACCELERATION: A 10mm Offset Crankshaft allows for larger intake volume design. Four tuned intake tubes boost torque in low and mid-speed ranges for quick acceleration.
– POWERFUL HOLE SHOT: The Composite Intake Manifold is a lightweight, compact design, making these engines very versatile. Long Tube Intake Tracks are tuned to increase airflow, boosting low-end and midrange torque. This means a more powerful hole shot and increased acceleration. Even with all this responsive power, an air silencer box and surge tank reduce air intake noise and air turbulence for smoother operation.
– INCREDIBLE LOW AND MID-RANGE TORQUE: Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) advances or slows the camshaft timing based on engine load and RPM, improving intake and exhaust efficiency and boosting torque in the 2,000 to 3,500 RPM range
Reliability & Durability
– CORROSION RESISTANCE: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha In-Line Four-Stroke engines.
– BETTER LUBRICATION: Wet sump pump lubrication that uses a pressurized oil delivery system through an oil pump.
– PROTECTION FROM THE ELEMENTS: All Yamaha In-Line Four models feature a proven cowling drain system, to easily and efficiently drain away any water that enters the cowling during normal engine operation. Incoming air is routed through a labyrinth of passages that trap and drain water before it enters the engine’s intake, for maximum reliabilty.
– TO-THE-SECOND TIMING: A direct drive system with valves that are activated directly from the camshafts for more precise valve timing control. Rocker arms and adjustments are elminated for increased reliability and less maintenance.
– MINIMAL VIBRATION: Twin counterbalancing shafts minimize engine vibration for a smooth ride.
Recommended oil – Yamalube® 4M
Oil capacity with filter – 4.5 l
Oil capacity without filter – 4.3 l
Power trim and tilt
-4° through +16°
Degree of Tilt – 70°
175 HP – 200 HP