- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
HONDA MARINE BF200 IST L TYPE
hether you’re driving a bass boat, center console, or a pontoon, you’ll appreciate the powerful possibilities you get with the award winning Honda BF225 and BF200iST. Honda Marine sets the industry standard for performance and durability, offering the perfect blend of advanced technology and reliability for any boating enthusiast.
You’ll also appreciate the rest of what the BF200 and 225iST have to offer. Like VTEC technology, for smoother acceleration and power throughout the engine’s operating range. A 90 AMP “On Demand” belt driven alternator, providing the highest capacity available for your accessory power needs. Honda’s automotive derived large displacement, 3.5 liter V6 delivers the perfect balance of power, torque and fuel economy. Not to mention legendary quiet and reliability.
– SUPERB CONTROL AND EASY INSTALLATION: IST INTELLIGENT SHIFT AND THROTTLE: Honda’s exclusive iST (Intelligent Shift and Throttle) gives you effortless control of your outboard. iST offers multi-engine applications, with fine tuning of throttle settings at any speed, enhanced docking and slow speed control, and a simple, easy to understand user interface.
– RELIABLE, EFFICIENT 4-STROKE DESIGN: World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability and superior fuel efficiency, with no oil mixing.
– WORLD FAMOUS QUALITY: The BF200 and 225 share many components with the Honda Ridgeline, Odyssey, and Pilot, gaining years of proven Honda engineering, precision manufacturing and reliability.
– LARGE DISPLACEMENT V6 – TOP PERFORMANCE AND DURABILITY: A powerful, compact 24 valve SOHC design, without the bulk and weight of long intake runners and multi-camshafts. The narrow V6 design offers top performance and durability as well as great fuel economy.
– BLAST® SYSTEM – INSTANT ACCELERATION: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. “Hole Shot” is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
– MULTI-PORT PROGRAMMED FUEL INJECTION (PGM-FI) – POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
– LEAN BURN CONTROL® – SUPERIOR FUEL EFFICIENCY: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 20% less fuel* than others in its class. *Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode.
– DUAL STAGE INDUCTION – BREATHING EASIER IMPROVES PERFORMANCE: Honda’s unique variable intake system optimizes air flow to match the engine’s speed. The result? Maximized combustion efficiency, increased torque, and superb fuel economy.
– TRUE 5 WARRANTY – UNMATCHED PEACE OF MIND: Honda’s True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the last day as it is on the first.
– ULTRA LOW 3 STAR CARB EMISSIONS: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
– EXTREME DUTY GEARCASE – BETTER DURABILITY: The BF200 and 225 offer a larger, 5 inch diameter gear case, built to withstand the extreme duty cycles of law enforcement and military patrol boats.
– OXYGEN (O2) AND KNOCK SENSORS – OPTIMUM EFFICIENCY: Oxygen (O2) and knock sensors help determine the correct fuel flow and ignition curve to maximize performance and fuel efficiency
– SALTWATER PROTECTION: Honda has painted the interior cooling passages on the BF200 and 225. This process prolongs the engine’s life in the harsh saltwater environment.
– STAINLESS STEEL COMPONENTS (STEERING ARM, TILT TUBE AND ALL SHAFTS) – CORROSION RESISTANCE: Stainless steel components provide durability with long-term corrosion resistance.
– NMEA 2000 – ON-BOARD CONNECTIVITY: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as sonar or GPS.
– SUPERIOR BATTERY CHARGING – MORE USABLE POWER: The BF200 and 225’s charging system features a 90 amp “On Demand” belt-driven alternator with 60 charging amps. This superior design reduces heat buildup and provides outstanding battery charging across the RPM range.
– 4-FRONT CORROSION PROTECTION SYSTEM – FIGHTS THE ELEMENTS: A patented, “Double Sealed” multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
– 2-PASS COOLING SYSTEM – BETTER COOLING FOR BETTER DURABILITY: The unique cooling system maintains an even temperature on all cylinders. The incoming water passes through each aluminum exhaust manifold, then through the cylinder heads and back around the exhaust manifolds before entering the exhaust. This results in increased cooling efficiency and long-term durability!
– ENGINE ALERT SYSTEM – PROTECTS YOUR ENGINE: The ECM monitors vital engine functions and prevents engine damage by alerting the operator of: Overheating. Water in Fuel. Low Oil PSI. Battery. Over-Rev. Critical Engine Function.
– TUNED DUAL EXHAUST – INCREASED EFFICIENCY: Some competitor’s exhaust tracks goes through the middle of the oil pan, pre-heating the oil. Honda’s dual exhaust headers wrap around the outside of the oil pan. This reduces heat build-up, and increases engine efficiency and performance.
– COUNTER ROTATION AVAILABLE: Improves efficiency, hull maneuverability and decreases driver fatigue.
– POSITIVE LUBRICATION – BETTER DURABILITY: A crankshaft-driven, automotive-style trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components.
– CONVENIENT SINGLE LATCH COWL: A single front-mounted latch combines with 4 securing points to ensure a water-tight seal.
– SEALED STARTER – PROTECTION FOR LONG LIFE: The starter motor is inverted into a sealed chamber that protects the starter drive from the elements.
– FRESH WATER FLUSHPORT: Flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard.
– SLIM 60° PROFILE FOR DUAL ENGINE APPLICATIONS: No need for expensive transom modifications! The BF200 and 225’s slim 60° profile allows for mounting of dual engines on an industry standard 26” center-to-center distance. Makes repowers easier!
– BUILT-IN PITOT TUBE: Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for speedometer installation.
– AVAILABLE IN: 20, 25 and 30 in. shaft models.
175 HP – 200 HP