- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
HONDA MARINE BF115 X TYPE
When you’re out on the water, you want a reliable outboard that will take you places. And of course, Honda’s world famous quality is a no brainer in that department. But the BF115 is much more than that. It’s got better features and better, more advanced technology that make your boating experience that much better.
Like best in class displacement. NMEA 2000 certification. Honda’s exclusive BLAST and Lean Burn Control for class-leading performance and maximum fuel efficiency. An impressive 40 AMPs of charging power, plus variable speed trolling. And we’re just getting started.
– RELIABLE 4-STROKE DESIGN, BASED ON THE HONDA ACCORD: Based on the Honda Accord engine platform, the BF115 benefits from years of proven Honda engineering and reliability.
– DUAL OVERHEAD CAM (DOHC) – HIGH HORSEPOWER, LOW MAINTENANCE: A powerful, compact 16-valve DOHC design creates more valve lift to pull in more air for increased horsepower. Low-maintenance design allows easy adjustment of the rocker arms. No multiple shims or trial-and-error adjusting needed.
– BLAST® SYSTEM – IMPROVES ACCELERATION AT LOW SPEEDS: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. “Hole Shot” is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
– MULTI – PORT PROGRAMMED FUEL INJECTION (PGM-FI) – POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
– LEAN BURN CONTROL® – SUPERIOR FUEL EFFICIENCY: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 19% less fuel* than its predecessor. *Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode
– LARGEST DISPLACEMENT ENGINE IN ITS CLASS: At 144 cubic inches, the BF115 has 21% more displacement than any competitor in its class. The long-stroke design increases torque to deliver outstanding performance and efficiency.
– MEETS NMEA 2000 STANDARDS – ON – BOARD CONNECTIVITY: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as sonar or GPS.
– TRUE 5 WARRANTY: Honda’s True 5 Warranty is the best in the business. This transferable, non-declining warranty is the same on the last day as it is on the first
– HIGH OUTPUT CHARGING – MORE USABLE POWER: The system develops 55 total amps, which after self consumption, delivers 40 charging amps. 30 amps at 1000 rpm and 40 amps above 2000 rpm.
– VARIABLE SPEED TROLLING: Another great advantage for fisherman is the 115’s optional push-button variable speed trolling control. Simply push up or down in 50 rpm increments from 650 rpm to 1000 rpm.
– 3-WAY COOLING SYSTEM – COOL RUNNING DURABILITY: Three separate cooling systems keep the cylinder head running cooler for more power. A warmer block helps prevent oil dilution.
– BALANCED ENGINE – SMOOTH OPERATION: Twin counter-rotating balancing shafts help minimize internal engine vibrations, thus providing smooth operation throughout the entire RPM range
– LAF & KNOCK SENSORS – OPTIMUM EFFICIENCY: Linear Air Fuel (LAF) and knock sensors help determine correct fuel flow and ignition curve to maximize performance and fuel efficiency.
– ENGINE COMMAND SYSTEM – OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE: The Engine Command Module receives constant input from 18 sensors located throughout the engine. It determines the correct fuel flow and ignition curve, providing optimum performance.
– ENGINE ALERT SYSTEM – KEEPS YOU INFORMED: Uses visual, audio and RPM reduction circuits to alert the operator of overheating, low oil PSI, over-revving, water in fuel, battery condition, and critical engine functions.
– 4-FRONT CORROSION PROTECTION SYSTEM – FIGHTS THE ELEMENTS: A patented, “Double Sealed” multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors and painted interior cooling passages, all enhance corrosion protection.
– FRESH WATER FLUSHPORT: Flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard.
– STAINLESS STEEL COMPONENTS (STEERING ARM, TILT TUBE AND ALL SHAFTS) – CORROSION RESISTANCE: Stainless steel components provide durability with long-term corrosion resistance.
– ULTRA LOW 3 STAR CARB EMISSIONS: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
– EASY MAINTENANCE: An easy “screw-type” valve adjuster system requires no shims and reduces maintenance costs. Front-mounted oil filter and oil filler make for easy maintenance.
– BUILT-IN PITOT TUBE: Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
– AVAILABLE IN: 20, 25 in. Shaft Models.
90 HP – 115 HP