- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
2019 TOHATSU MFS40AEPTS
Introducing the lightest weight in its class, EFI 40hp four stroke. Outfitted with a sleek four stroke design and starting at just 209 pounds, you will not find a lighter weight motor in its class.
This outboard is equipped with proven technology, including electronic fuel injection (EFI) and digital CD ignition, which provides quick throttle response, excellent fuel economy, and very smooth rides on the water. The MFS40 also has a high output 21 amp alternator for superior battery charging. The adjustable steering friction and trim tab reduces your amount of steering effort, making for an easier and more enjoyable boating experience. Convenience is also covered with the 40hp four stroke’s built-in freshwater flushing system, making routine flushing quick and easy.
The 40hp EFI four stroke not only offers a more powerful ride while using less fuel, but is among the lightest on the water in its class. With proven reliability and performance, the MFS40 is every boater’s versatile choice for work, play or even once-in-a-lifetime memory making!
- Sleek design with two color options: Aqua Marine Blue and Beluga White
- Outstanding fuel economy
- Available in short (15″) & long (20″) shaft lengths
- Lightest weight in its class, starting at just 209 lbs.
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Digital CD ignition system for quicker starts
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- High output 21 amp alternator
- Adjustable steering friction and trim tab for reducing steering effort
- New and improved gear case with lower gear ratio for increased low end torque
- Power trim & tilt
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Variable idling speed control from 650 to 950 rpm’s
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- A camshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (visual and audible)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Battery voltage warning (visual only)
- Over-rev. limiter
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle is available on select models. : The multi-function tiller handle features an ergonomically designed shift lever for easy and convenient shifting as well as a longer throttle grip with 110 degrees rotation for easier maneuverability. All controls on the new multi-function tiller are conveniently located on the handle for easy access and control. More specifically, the gear shift, throttle control, trim switch, safety lanyard cord, TLDI® warning lights, and electric start key switch are all integrated in the tiller handle.
- Variable Idling System: allows trolling speed (RPM) to be adjusted in four levels from 650rpm to 950rpm (100rpm each) using the key-switch.
- Audio Visual Warning System: The tachometer informs the operator of potential problems such as low oil pressure, low battery, and overheat, through the built-in warning lights. (For models equipped with a tachometer)
- Built-in freshwater flushing system: Standard built-in freshwater flushing system simplifies routine engine flushing.
- Model: MFS40AEPTS
- Shaft Length: 15
- Cylinders: 3
- Electric Start: Standard
- Remote Control: Standard
- 12V Charging System: Standard
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 3 Cylinder
- Output: 40 hp (29.4 kW)
- Displacement: 866 cc (52.84 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 70 x 75 mm (2.75 x 2.95 in)
- Starting: Electric
- Control Type: Remote or Tiller
- Gear Shift: Forward – Neutral – Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil**
- Oil Capacity: 0.63 gal. (2.4 L) w/filter
- Weight*: 209 lb. (95 kg)
- Alternator Output: 12V, 252W, 21A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,000 – 6,000
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Standard
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Overheat Buzzer: Standard
- Power Trim and Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
40 HP – 50 HP