- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
2019 TOHATSU MFS20EWEPTS (WHITE)
Boasting the honor of the lightest weight outboard in its class, Tohatsu’s newly designed MFS 20hp Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) is a great choice for a wide variety of boaters. Just because it is lighter in weight than our previous 20hp four stroke, doesn’t mean this model won’t deliver the same level of performance. This 20hp battery-less electronic fuel injection four stroke has exceptional torque and top end speed, with low vibration. We chose to build an EFI outboard because it has easy startup with no choke required and smooth, crisp acceleration throughout all RPM ranges. Another added benefit of an EFI versus our previous carbureted outboard is the fuel efficiency at wide open throttle, which allows you to go up to 50% farther on less fuel.
Also available on many models is the Power Tilt feature. The 20 hp Power Tilt is ideal for inflatable, fishing, and pontoon boats. The uniquely designed engine improves functionality and convenience with its light power tilt and transom bracket. Now you can tilt your motor out of the water with just the push of a button. Simplify your boating experience with a power tilt model. Try our new 20hp EFI for the ultimate boating experience because you don’t deserve anything less.
Remote/Power Tilt models now available in Beluga White allowing boaters to choose which engine color best fits their boat.
- Battery-less Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) operation
- Light and compact
- Advanced EFI for smooth operation, easier starting and increased fuel efficiency
- “Light Weight ECO Sport” development and design concept
- Simpliq™ Technology – the result of continuous technological innovation fueled by the pursuit of nothing less than the very best
- Designed with innovative technology
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- Available in a wide variety of models; Remote/Power Tilt models now available in both Aqua Marine Blue (MFS20E) and Beluga White (MFS20EW)
- A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator
- Greatly reduced vibration for a smoother and quieter ride
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for immediate engine starting in all conditions, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Battery-less EFI with recoil starter on all models
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging* (*Certain models)
- Outboard is easier to lift and tilt into shallow drive because we’ve moved heavy components forward
- Remote control model available
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) integrated into the tiller handle for convenience
- Shallow water drive* (*Certain models)
- 90 degree turning radius
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort* (*Certain models)
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Aluminum propeller
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank includes fuel fittings and fuel line with fuel gauge on the cap
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible**) (**Remote control models)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
- Stowable Carrying Handle: We’ve incorporated a carrying handle on the front that can easily be tucked away when not in use.
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) are integrated into the tiller handle for convenience.
- Center of Gravity Improved: By moving heavy components (i.e. crankshaft, driveshaft) 30mm forward compared to the previous model, the tilting weight has decreased by 26% from the previous version, making it much easier for users to tilt manually.
- Fuel Water Separator: A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator is standard equipment on all EFI 20 | 15 | 9.9 motors. This unique yet simple fuel water separator doesn’t require the use of a single tool to drain the water.
- Compact Fuel System Layout for Easy Maintenance : The Vapor Separator Tank (VST) has been designed to integrate the high pressure fuel feed pump, regulator, and fuel cooler into one component.
- Model: MFS20EWEPTS (white)
- Shaft Length: 15
- Cylinders: 2
- Electric Start: Standard
- Remote Control: Standard
- 12V Charging System: Standard
- Power Tilt: Standard
- Remote Fuel Tank: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 2
- Output: 20 hp (14.7 kW)
- Displacement: 333 cc (20.32 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 61 x 57 mm (2.40 x 2.24 in)
- Starting: Electric & Manual or Manual
- Control Type: Remote Control or Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward – Neutral – Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.15:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 6 in. – 10 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 1.07 qt. (1 L)
- Fuel Tank: 3.1 US gal. (12 L) Separate Fuel Tank
- Weight*: 94.7 lb. (43 kg)
- Alternator Output: Optional: 12V, 145W, 12A (Standard on Electric Start Models)
- Max. RPM Range: 5,400 – 6,100
- Digital ECU Controlled Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Standard
- Power Tilt: Option
25 HP – 30 HP