- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
2019 TOHATSU MFS15EL
We do our best to provide you with the best engine we possibly can. That’s why we have taken our 15 hp model and made it better by introducing our MFS15hp Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) which is the lightest 4-stroke battery-less EFI 15hp model in the industry! You can enjoy added features such as a higher power-to-weight ratio, which is the most important factor for small horsepower outboards. We also succeeded in drastically reducing sound level and vibration on our new 15hp EFI outboard. One major advantage of the EFI system is a quick startup with no choke needed and provides crisp acceleration throughout all RPM ranges as well as a significantly increased fuel efficiency at wide open throttle. Go ahead; put the engine to the test! You won’t regret it!
Power Tilt! We’ve added Power Tilt to our remote steering/throttle models to provide you even greater operating convenience. This engine offers the same features as our standard 15hp EFI model plus an added power tilt feature for greater operating convenience. As with our other engines, you can count on it to deliver the same reliability our reputation was built on.
- Battery-less Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) operation
- Light and compact
- Advanced EFI for smooth operation, easier starting and increased fuel efficiency
- “Light Weight ECO Sport” development and design concept
- Simpliq™ Technology – the result of continuous technological innovation fueled by the pursuit of nothing less than the very best
- Designed with innovative technology
- Available in a wide variety of models
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator
- Greatly reduced vibration for a smoother and quieter ride
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Battery-less EFI with recoil starter on all models
- Digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for immediate engine starting in all conditions, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Outboard is easier to lift and tilt into shallow drive because we’ve moved heavy components forward
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging* (*Certain models)
- Remote control model available
- Shallow water drive* (*Certain models)
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) integrated into the tiller handle for convenience
- 90 degree turning radius
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort* (*Certain models)
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Aluminum propeller
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank includes fuel fittings and fuel line with fuel gauge on the cap
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible**) (**Remote control models)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) are integrated into the tiller handle for convenience.
- Stowable Carrying Handle: We’ve incorporated a carrying handle on the front that can easily be tucked away when not in use.
- Center of Gravity Improved: By moving heavy components (i.e. crankshaft, driveshaft) 30mm forward compared to the previous model, the tilting weight has decreased by 26% from the previous version, making it much easier for users to tilt manually.
- Fuel Water Separator: A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator is standard equipment on all EFI 20 | 15 | 9.9 motors. This unique yet simple fuel water separator doesn’t require the use of a single tool to drain the water.
- Compact Fuel System Layout for Easy Maintenance : The Vapor Separator Tank (VST) has been designed to integrate the high pressure fuel feed pump, regulator, and fuel cooler into one component.
- Model: MFS15EL
- Shaft Length: 20
- Cylinders: 2
- Tiller Handle: Standard
- Remote Fuel Tank: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 2
- Output: 15 hp (11.0 kW)
- Displacement: 333 cc (20.32 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 61 x 57 mm (2.40 x 2.24 in)
- Starting: Electric or Manual
- Control Type: Remote Control or Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward – Neutral – Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.15:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 6 in. – 10 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 1.07 qt. (1 L)
- Fuel Tank: 3.1 US gal. (12 L) Separate Fuel Tank
- Weight*: 94.7 lb. (43 kg)
- Alternator Output: Optional: 12V, 145W, 12A (Standard on Electric Start Models)
- Max. RPM Range: 5,400 – 6,100
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Standard
- Power Tilt: Option
9.9 HP – 15 HP