- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
2019 TOHATSU MD40B2EFTOS
The Tohatsu 40hp TLDI® is one of the smallest engines available with air-assisted direct injection technology. This outboard has all of the benefits of new and improved 21st century technology without compromising power or performance.
We have added this new low-pressure air/fuel delivery system to our proven engine block to give you an outboard superior to al others. It provides exceptional fuel savings over 4-Strokes and conventional 2-Strokes alike and is very gentle on the environment.
If you’re looking for a tiller model, we now offer a multi-function tiller handle as standard equipment. This tiller handle includes all controls conveniently located on the handle for easy access giving you more control, better maneuverability and increased safety. And our 40 hp TLDI® outboard weighs up to 15% less than competitive 4-stroke outboards and meets EPA emission regulations.
When clean, mean outboard power is what you need, look no further than the Tohatsu 40hp TLDI®.
- Air assisted direct fuel injection system that provides excellent fuel economy
- Extremely quiet operation
- Excellent horsepower-to-weight ratio
- Lightweight and compact
- Available in short (15″) & long (20″) shaft lengths
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Inductive ignition system for reliable starting
- Outstanding acceleration
- Oil reservoir located on the top of the motor for quicker and easier refill onboard
- Multi-point oil injection system to more completely lubricate vital engine components
- Power Trim & Tilt
- Remote control box** (**Remote control models)
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- User adjustable idle and trolling speeds
- Tachometer and Trim & Tilt Gauge** (**Remote control models)
- Aluminum propeller
- Low oil level warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (visual and audible)
- Battery voltage warning (visual only)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle is available on select models. : The multi-function tiller handle features an ergonomically designed shift lever for easy and convenient shifting as well as a longer throttle grip with 110 degrees rotation for easier maneuverability. All controls on the new multi-function tiller are conveniently located on the handle for easy access and control. More specifically, the gear shift, throttle control, trim switch, safety lanyard cord, TLDI® warning lights, and electric start key switch are all integrated in the tiller handle.
- Engine Control Unit (ECU): The 32 bit engine control unit controls the fuel injection and ignition timing for TLDI® outboards.
- Air Compressor: One of TLDI®’s essential engine components that is the driving force in achieving stabilized fuel injection.
- Direct fuel Injection into Cylinders: Due to the intrinsic design of the chamber on the cylinder head, the finely atomized fuel mist created by the fuel injector is injected near the spark plug to achieve ideal combustion.
- Multifunctional Tachometer: The tachometer informs the operator of potential problems through the meter indicator and warning lamp. (Remote models only.)
- 3-Step Trolling Speed Control: The idling speed can be set to any of the three rpm ranges, 700, 800 or 900, by adjusting it on your key switch. This feature allows you to select the ideal trolling speed for maneuvering during a variety of current and wind conditions.
- Model: MD40B2EFTOS
- Shaft Length: 15
- Cylinders: 3
- Electric Start: Standard
- Tiller Handle: Standard
- 12V Charging System: Standard
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil injection: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 3
- Output: 40 hp (29.4 kW)
- Displacement: 697 cc (42.5 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 68 x 64 mm (2.68 x 2.52 in)
- Starting: Electric
- Control Type: Remote Control or Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward – Neutral – Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 1.85:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 7 in. – 15 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: Premium TCW-3 or Recommended
- Fuel Tank: Optional
- Weight*: 205.7 lb. (93.5 kg)
- Alternator Output: 12V, 280W, 23A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,150 – 5,850
- Direct Fuel Injection: Standard
- Inductive Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Power Trim and Tilt: Standard
- Variable Idle Speed: 700, 800, 900 rpm
40 HP – 50 HP